Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sexuality in General

The inspiration for this post is from a facebook status I read last night.

Why are we so afraid of sexuality? Not sexual orientation (though I don't understand that either), but sexuality in and of itself. Basically, I just want to know why it is that most people enjoy and love sex, but are afraid to talk about it, admit we enjoy it, admit we use vibrators and dildos, or that some of us enjoy a kinkier flavor of sex? I guess what I fail to understand is how, as a society, we call for the breakdown of conservative thinking, but still feel like sex is taboo?

Personally, I feel like it is something that has been ingrained from older, more traditional generations. But here's the catch, if we're trying to break away from that, isn't it our responsibility to break down those barriers? We  can't expect to raise up a generation that is free from the bondage (*snort* I don't mean that kind of bondage!) of the traditional mindset if we don't do it ourselves. I'm not suggesting that everyone disregard their filter. Goodness knows, a modicum of modesty is still appreciated by me. I simply don't see the point in slut-shaming your neighbor because you found out she likes to get a little freaky!

So, tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment